SEO Sales Leads Beat Out PPC and Social Media
A recent survey by webmarketing123.com indicated that search engine optimization based sales lead generation (SEO sales leads) is the #1 method of getting sales leads for both B2B and B2C companies – beating out Pay Per Click advertising (PPC), social media marketing and all other digital marketing methods.
Social Media Sales Leads
The poll also showed that both B2B and B2C companies use Facebook for sales lead generation the most when compared to Twitter and LinkedIn. B2C companies used Facebook 5 times more than Twitter and LinkedIn combined. 55% of these companies have actually closed deals using social media with twice as much being closed using Facebook as compared to Twitter and LinkedIn.
Digital Marketing 2012 Budget Projections
The companies interviewed stated that they’ll be increasing their 2012 digital marketing budget for sales lead generation in all of SEO (53%), PPC (40%) and social media marketing with social media getting the largest increase at 60%.
The bottom of the infographic to the right indicates that the companies interviewed said that a cross-promotional digital marketing effort is at top of mind on their learning list.
Another item to note is that a recent study from UserCentric.com says that the middle column of search results (1 – 3 paid ads at top, organic SEO listings underneath) get most of the users attention – eye focus, with all users in the study reviewing organic listings.
Sales Lead Generation Takeaway
- SEO sales lead generation is a real strategy that not only works, but search engine tests show that searchers pay more attention to organic SEO listings than PPC.
- Make sure to be ranked at the top 1 – 3 results organically.
- If you engage in PPC advertising then you should make sure your ads appear at the top of the page, not on the right-side.
- Don’t bid for the #1 PPC position. If you bid for the number 1 position in PPC ads then your conversion costs will increase significantly because many people that click on the 1st ad are just look-sees. Don’t do it.
- Educate yourself in SEO sales leads, PPC and social media and find out how to leverage the capabilities of all 3 in your own sales lead generation efforts.
21st Proven Lead Generation Solution
At 21st we have found an unbeatable multi-channel solution that can be replicated across all industries, both B2B and B2C:
- Start out testing your keywords, ads and landing page content in a PPC campaign until you have increased conversions from less than 1% to sometimes above 20% or 30%.
- Split-testing correctly will beat the Pareto (80-20) principle. You can get results that are hundreds of times better than when you started.
- Now that you have the gold nuggets of top-converting content, you should update your website with the best converting content, then roll out to your SEO, social media marketing, and lower cost PPC campaigns.
A multi-channel approach like this maximizes your online exposure and minimizes your company’s risk. Integrating approaches like making your website a content distribution engine further increases your online exposure. I recommend this approach to brand awareness, content distribution and sales lead generation.
Here you can get the digital marketing survey by webmarketing123.com.