SEO competitive analysis is a proven way to acquire the strong backlinks that are making your competitors rank high in the search engines. Here is a solid strategy to increase your online presence and build a groundswell of SEO value for your website.
1. Do a Google search for the keywords you want to be found by – that you think will convert into sales the best.
2. Make a list of all of the top competitive sites.
3. Do a backlink search for each of the top competitive sites and see where their backlinks are coming from. SEO Elite automates the search for backlinks for one company, and IBP (Internet Business Promoter) does it for several at once. Some of the backlinks are nofollow and some are just unattainable. Focus on the ones that aren’t, and that are highly ranked in terms of Google PageRank (higher is better) and Alexa ranking (lower number is better).
4. Go to these sites and get the same or similar backlinks.
Here are some proven methods to get a lot of good backlinks:
1. BLOGS – when you have the list of highly ranked sites some of them will be blogs. Verify that the blog does not have nofollow in the links by looking at the code of links for previous posts. If the links are not nofollow then place a comment using your keywords as your name. Do this regularly, and if you have employees have them do it daily also. Here is a list of dofollow blogs at forums.digitalpoint.com.
2. FORUMS – If a backlink is a forum, have employees create accounts there. Create a signature that has links to your website. Sometimes their terms of service require that you post several times – like 10 or 30 – before your signature shows in your postings.
3. Have everyone post intelligent solutions to postings placed by people with problems pertinent to your industry.