LinkedIn reduced their exposed number of links to 2 and made them both nofollow links. Wow, I thought they were our friend. No more SEO value here.
This is a quick and very real way to boost your search engine results page (SERP) rankings. It will get 6 high-quality SEO website links from a Google PageRank 8 website – LinkedIn.com.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Log into LinkedIn.com (http://www.linkedin.com). If you don’t have a LinkedIn account then you need to get one. Linked In is a professional networking website, and it will help all of your professional ventures. Just get one.
- Click Edit My Profile.
- Under Websites click Edit.
- For each website in the ‘Choose’ drop-down select Other.
- In the textbox add text-link keywords you want to be found by, and that are associated with a page of your site. It is extremely important here that you select the right keywords. Thorough keyword analysis is advised before entering these keywords because it is important to your websites SERP rankings.
- Point at least one of the 3 (maximum) links to your home page. There will be 2 of each of these links in your public profile.
- Add the website page URL associated with the keyword you entered.
- Make sure you have a public profile and make sure the website links show up in it.
This will result in 6 links on your LinkedIn public profile page pointing to your website pages. This Google PR8 Website link will help your website SERP rankings.